Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Daddy's Hands

I have something that I am working on, a book I'll go ahead and throw that out there. That book shares the title with this blog. Many of you grew up with a daddy. I did not. I learned a lot from just writing my story. It was a healing process for me. I have Bible verses throughout my book and tonight I want to share the first one with you. "Yet, O, Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8 I have heard this verse periodically in my Christian life, but it didn't sink in until I did the homework for a Bible study.  The first part of the verse clearly states that God is our Father.  How is he our father? He created us but he also guides, protects, disciplines, and loves us. Now that is starting to sound like a father here on earth, right? That's because a father here on earth should follow the example of our Father in heaven. You may not feel his guidance, protection or love but he is there. You may only know his discipline or you may know nothing of God. You may be at a point in your life where you feel like God has abandoned you. Just remember he tells us he will never forsake us. We only need to draw near to him. "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." James 4:8 The second part of Isaiah 64:8 states that we are the clay and God is the potter. If you watch a potter make a jar or bowl from clay you will see that everything has to be just right. The amount of clay and water used has to be perfect. Too much water and the clay won't form. Too much clay and it'll become a clump. The speed the wheel is turning for the potter to mold the clay has to be just right too.  If you go too fast the mold will lose shape but if you go too slow you won't be able to mold the clay. God knows just the right amount of water and clay to use to make us. He also knows how fast to spin the wheel to shape us. Every day God is shaping us and molding us into the person he wants us to be. The person that is created to glorify him. The next time you go through a trial just remember God is using it to mold you into the person he wants you to be. I am so thankful that I have a Father in heaven who loves, protects, guides and disciplines me all so I can rightfully be called his. You may not have a true father, or as we call them in the south, daddy, but you will always have a Father. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible verses taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment