Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Giving In

Good morning.  I wrote this blog a few weeks ago but did not post it.  I am in a Bible study learning about God and  His divine intervention in Jonah's life so I thought I would share this with you today.

  “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” 1 Peter 5:7
 
    Have you been hurting recently?  Are you holding on to past hurts?  If so, God wants you to give in to your struggle, hurt, or burden by giving in to Him.  Giving in is always the last thing we want to do.  We don’t like giving in because we feel defeated.  When we give in to God we are not defeated.  God doesn’t want to see you hurt and struggling anymore.  Grab your Father’s hand and let Him guide you.  Remember the story of Jonah?  When God told Jonah what he wanted him to do, Jonah ran the other way.  Look where that got him; thrown into a violent sea for a whale to swallow him.  Maybe you can relate.  You have felt God’s tug on your heart to give in but you have been running away.  You weren’t or are not ready to confront your hurt.  Maybe you’re ready but afraid of the outcome.  Let’s look at the beginning of Jonah’s prayer:
“He said: In my distress I called to the Lord, and he answered me.  From deep in the realm of the dead I call for help, and you listened to my cry.” Jonah 2:2  
Jonah knew he could die in the stomach of the whale.  He cried out to God and gave in to His will.  Maybe you are in the “depths of the sea” with the waters crashing over you.  Are you possibly in the darkest pit of your life?  Cry out to God, like Jonah did and He will deliver you.  The only thing you need to do is give in.  Give in to your hurt and let God begin to heal you.  That’s right, I’m asking you to break down, cry and scream if needed.  Pour your heart out to God.  I can’t promise that the journey of healing your hurt will be easy; as a matter of fact it will be hard.  I can promise that God will be with you the entire way.  “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.” Psalm 138:7 When you give in and cry out to God you are taking the first step in the healing process.  The first step is always uncertain, like a baby taking its first step, but soon you will see you are on solid ground.  Pray to God, seek His will, and ask for His guidance.  The healing will come and you will feel like a new person.  You will feel like a new person because your faith is growing and you are submitting and relying on God.  “In all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”  Proverbs 3:5  
When we give in to God great things will happen.  Will you give in?  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you. 
*Verses are taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment