Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Which way, Lord?

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."          Psalm 121:1-2


Good morning, I hope you had a blessed day yesterday and that today greets you with the warmth of the sun and the revival of life.  Have you ever found yourself saying, ok Lord, I'm here ready and willing....which way now?  That is where I am at right now.  I'm sitting here asking which way now?  It's hard to not want to answer it myself and start doing what I (the flesh) wants to do.  I want to jump in and ask questions later.  When what I need to do is ask questions first and then jump in.  Think about it...when you are about to go swimming, don't you normally ask how's the water?  What about building a house...don't you make plans?  How about going on vacation...you don't just jump in the car and drive across country.  You normally ask how much it's going to cost.  There are things in life that you have to plan, but more importantly ask questions like how, when, where, who, and what for.  Before you go swimming you ask how's the water so you know if you really want to swim in cold water.  We don't just build a house and ask how many bedrooms after it's built.  The vacation across country will take money.  You need to know gas prices, hotels expenses, food expenses and have extra money to spend for souvenirs.  So why is it when it comes to major decisions we want to jump in and ask God questions later?  Probably because we think we can handle it, but the verse above tells us our help comes from the Lord.  How different would our lives be if we sought God's help first, before jumping in and finding the water too cold or the vacation cut short for lack of money. 
   What if you are seeking God's help first and you are not getting an answer?  This is where I am at...and the only thing I can tell you is be patient.  I hear the small voice whispering I am answering you just give it time.  God has a plan specifically made for you and another plan for me.  Just because He doesn't give you an answer that bangs you over the head doesn't mean you will not get an answer.  In fact, your answer is probably just around the corner.  You may not know that God has given you an answer until you are much further down the road.  There's a chance you will look back months or even years from now and see where God answered you but you didn't realize that was the answer. We, as children of God, should always seek Him in all we do. "let the wise listen and add to their learning, and let the discerning get guidance-" Proverbs 1:5  As you go through your journey here on earth and come to the cross roads that are inevitable please remember to ask which way, Lord.  Don't get so caught up in the here and now that you forget to lift up your eyes.  Seek Him and He will answer.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment