Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

All Seeing

 I love being able to take my kids to school in the morning. This morning we were talking about having a good day when my son who is seven asked me how I knew we were going to have a good day. I told him because God is with us and since we have God nothing can be against us. This apparently sent his mind into overdrive. He then asked me how can God see everybody. I told him that God is that powerful, he can see everybody because he is everywhere. My answer apparently wasn't right, so he replied, "It's because God is that big, he can see one side of the world with one eye and the other side of the world with the other eye." :) Something so complicated, yet so simple. I love that he was able to understand this concept in his own way. He didn't make it difficult, like I was trying to do even though I gave a simple answer. I came home and looked up some verses on God seeing everyone. I came across three verses that really stuck out. The first verse came from Job and it states,"His eyes are on the ways of men; he sees their every step." Job 34:21 Sure enough, plain as day there is the verse that says God sees you. He is watching your every step. This is here to make us aware that God knows what we are doing. He is not only watching your step and mine but every person that walks this earth. It is amazing that he can watch over 7 billion people at one time. "For a man's ways are in full view of the LORD, and he examines all his paths." Proverbs 5:21 Even though there are over 7 billion people on this earth and buildings, cars, trees, and other objects that block our view, God can still see what we are doing. I picture it like God has a view from an airplane, only we don't look like ants to him. He can see us just as we appear but more importantly what's on our hearts and minds. Unlike this world, he does not look at us for our outward appearances, but takes notice and judges us based on our inward appearance and actions.
   Proverbs clearly says he can see our paths. When I normally think of a path I think about where I am going. God not only knows what way we are going but in this particular verse I think paths means he knows every decision we make. Everything you do you could have chosen not to do. At the time your decision to do or not to do something seems small but it leads you down a path that either reflects your beliefs or contradicts your beliefs. In this way he sees your path more clearly than you do. "My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from my eyes." Jeremiah 16:17 This verse lets me know that my walk is being watched from the time I wake up to the time I lay down. Every little thing and every big thing that I do throughout my day is seen in full view by God. This should not make us feel guilty for what we do, but to realize that we will be held accountable for our actions. God loves us too much to let us roam this earth without him being here with us and watching what we do. He is not watching us to condemn us, instead he wants to be there for us. To help you and guide you through your journey on earth. If he wasn't watching how would he know when we needed his help or when we were sinking into a sinful pit? His power is amazing to say the least, and the fact that he uses it to help me leaves me speechless. As you go about your day, try to think of your decisions and if they reflect your beliefs. I hope you know that God loves you and is with you in everything you do.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible verses taken from NIV Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment