Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

Check Your Want to Gage

Good Afternoon. I've had a wonderful day playing with a sweet little girl. I was sitting here thinking and praying about what I should write about. Today I think I'll write about your want to. I know it doesn't sound Biblical and well for the most part it's not.  I want to  think about what your church is like? What do you gripe about every Sunday when you leave church? Is there some activities that you wish your church would have? 
  Let me tell you that I use to be the person who would complain about something that bothered me every Sunday. Then I realized, that wasn't very Christian like. The devil was having a field day with me and on Sundays of all days, because instead of focusing on the Sunday school lesson or the sermon I was searching for something to go wrong, something to not like. I didn't do this knowingly, nope, my subconscious was working overtime.  Do you know what changed my heart? Realizing that every person in the church was going through something. We are all in church because we are sinners, we are sick, and in need of renewal. Do you know who changed my heart?  You probably guessed, it wasn't my husband, it was Jesus. He started to show me the true importance of church. You make a choice to find something to complain about or something to brag about." Do everything without complaining or arguing," Philippians 2:14   Make the choice to find something to like about your church.  May I suggest that instead of complaining because your church doesn't have something you feel they should have find out why they don't have it. Spend sometime in prayer, maybe God is showing you what he wants you to be a part of. He could be calling you to start a ministry or for you to talk to your Pastor about your concern. Open your heart and mind to what God wants for you and your church. We know he wants what's best for us. The best place for Christians is fellowship with other Christians...church, Sunday School, gatherings outside of the church, Bible studies. So it all goes back to your want to. Do you want to complain? Do you want to brag?  Do you want to be involved in your church's ministries? Do you want to stay home? So, have you checked your want to gage lately? Are you on E, as in escape all things to do with being a Christian? Are you on F, as in full of the Holy Spirit and ready to move forward in your walk? Are you in the middle, some days you wish you could escape the confines of being the "good" Christian and some days you are walking with God faithfully? My friend check your want to, then spend some time in prayer. God will take you from E to F but you have to be willing. Be in His word daily and pray without ceasing. Your want to level will start being on F consistently. I hope you have a blessed weekend.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you. 
*Bible verses from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment