Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Patience

"The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride." Ecclesiastes 7:8

I have stated that patience is not my virtue.  It never has been and hopefully some day I can say that I am patient but today is not that day.  The verse written above tells me that the end is better than the beginning and maybe that's why I'm not good at waiting.  I know the end is better and that's why I want to know now.  If we wait on the Lord and his timing the end will be much better than what we ever dreamed it would be.  So why is it that I can't wait without getting tired of waiting or frustrated that I don't already have an answer?  The only answer I have is because I like to plan everything which also means I like to have control.  I am very aware that I really have no control of my life but God does.  There are a lot of things in my life right now that I'm trying to be patient about and see what God has in store for me, but boy it's hard.  I know God's timing is always better than mine.  I find myself praying for God to show me what he wants my next step to be but I don't want to wait.  I keep praying for his will and his timing though.  I am slowly learning to just keep giving it to God and your answer will eventually be given.  The end product will be revealed. 
   Look at the last part of this verse though.  It says that patience is better than pride.  How often are we impatient because we are prideful?  You want something done now because it's better for you.  What about doing something before it really needed to be done, so you can get the kudos?  Sometimes when we are impatient our pride is taking over.  The next time you are in a hurry to get an answer or doing something stop and ask yourself if pride is the cause of your impatience.  I am striving to let go of my pride and  impatience.  I want to be like this verse in Galatians: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness," Galatians 5:22
   I want to show love, joy,peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and faithfulness to all those that my life touches.  I want to be fruitful and let my light shine.  I hope you will join me today in asking God to help you be patient.  Whether it is dealing with kids, spouse, family, folks you don't know, what to do next, or a decision that needs an answer.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you. 
  *All Bible verse are from NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment