Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Church....why go?

Do you find yourself asking, why is it important to go to church?  I did for a long time. I grew up knowing about God and Jesus but we did not attend church regularly. I was told that it doesn't matter if you go to church. The important thing is you believe in God. Even after I married, I struggled with why it was so important to go to church. I was still just a baby in my walk with Christ. I didn't see that every time I went to church I was getting fed.  Getting fed what? I was learning about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I was learning how to apply the Bible to my life, but it wasn't really sticking.  Was this the churches fault? I would say partially, but most of the blame lies on me. The importance of going to church starts with learning about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit but doesn't stop there. The people in the church should become people you fellowship with, not because you have to but because you want to. These people should hold you accountable in your walk and you in theirs. We are called as the body of Christ to do works for Him. "to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up" Ephesians 4:12 Dare I say the church, the body of Christ, is only as strong as it's weakest, least mature Christian?  I bow my head in shame to say that up until a year ago, I was a weak link. "From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." Ephesians 4:16  I wasn't a part of any fellowships with other Christians, and wasn't going to church as often as I should. I can sit here all afternoon and tell you how going to church changed me, but what I really want to get across to you is you should go to church. You are a Christian and the only way you can learn how to be the light of this world is to attend a church, but not just attend become involved. The more you attend church, the more you become involved the more you grow in your walk. So to answer my question,why go to church, you can't expect God to do great things in your life when you only let God in your life part time. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible Verses taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment