Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Are you Ashamed?

"After I strayed, I repented; after I came to understand, I beat my breast. I was ashamed and humiliated because I bore the disgrace of my youth."  Jeremiah 31:19

    Are you ashamed and humiliated of your youth?  Maybe it's not your youth as in childhood but youth as a young adult.  I am writing today because I have felt and sometimes still do feel ashamed of my past.  Did you read the first part of Jeremiah 31:19?  After I strayed, I repented.  This is very important for all believers to remember something that we must all hold on to.  The Bible tells us over and over if we repent we are forgiven.  It even tells us we are blessed if our sins are forgiven. "Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered." Psalm 32:1 How can we be blessed from a messy past?  How can God forgive you for not being faithful to him?  It's simple, Jesus died on the cross to cover all of our sins.  That my friend is why we are blessed even if we sin.  We have to remember to ask for forgiveness but the second those words,"forgive me", comes out of our mouths, we are forgiven.  When God sees you, he doesn't see all the bad but he does see a child that he loves.  If you have accepted Jesus as your savior then his blood makes your sin whiter than snow.  So do not be ashamed to talk of your past.  Do not keep it from others when your testimony might help others.  "So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God," 2Timothy 1:8  Seek what good came from whatever it is you're ashamed of.  What is so bad that God will not protect you?  If you share your testimony, you are sharing how God has worked in your life.  We are called to share the word and spread the good news.  You may feel like you are the only person who has gone through a particular struggle, but when you start sharing you will find you are not alone.  "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you." Psalm 5:11  As you find refuge in the Lord, He will protect you.  He and only He can give you the courage it takes to tell others something so hurtful that might cause them to change how they feel about you.  As you go about your day today ask God if there is something you are ashamed of, and are afraid of sharing.  We, as Christians, like to put on a show and say I'm good and pretend nothing bad has happened, is happening or will happen to us.  The truth is if something hasn't happened, is  not happening then it will happen.  Don't hide in shame, turn to the Lord, he will walk you through it.  Ask him to show you where you can help someone by sharing your testimony.  "However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name." 1 Peter 4:16  Give God the praise, and keep looking to him.  Don't let pride get in the way of showing others what God has brought you through. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you. 
*Bible verses used from NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment