Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Letting Go

Letting go of what is hurting you can be hard...ok is often very hard.  We grow so comfortable with hurting, or maybe we become numb to the hurt, that we don't realize it's there.  It effects everything you do.  You don't realize you are hurting yourself or others who care about you.  All of this because you're not letting go.  Once we are saved we are suppose to take off the old and we are to put on the new.  Sometimes we need to do it over and over again. "For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin-" Romans 6:6
  The hurt that you are not letting go of is causing you to view your life differently.  The anguish that you go through is seeping out and touching the lives of  your loved ones and odds are you don't see it.  No matter how big or small your hurt is, take the time to give it over to God.  Your big maybe my small and vice versa but hurt is hurt and it will leave a mark.  If it's something that needs to be talked about with someone may I suggest you pray about it then talk to them.  Personally, I am a writer so I tend to write people letters, but you need to do what ever will bring you peace.  Just recently I have started trying to talk to people about how they hurt me, but that process is slow and is going to take time.  I say turn to God first because He sees both sides of your hurt.  He wants to help you get past the hurt and for you to let it go.  I know someone who can calm any storm and that is Jesus. He even does so in Mark. " He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Quiet! Be still!" Then the wind died down and it was completely calm." Mark 4:39  If He can calm the storm on a sea I know He can calm the storm inside of me.  I ask you to set aside your emotions, turn it over to God, and resolve to let it go.  Remember the only person you can change or "fix" is yourself. Know that when you are faced with a trial you are being made stronger. "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." James 1:2-3  Once you start letting go of your hurts you will feel like a new person.  God can and will heal your hurts...it's a process but as long as you give it to Him "The Healer" you will feel better.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! You're SO right about this! Thank you for the post...it made my day, too. :)

    ReplyDelete