Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lean on Him

I need to make sure that it is noted when I use a Bible verse that I am using it from the NIV Bible. That is from past blogs and future unless otherwise stated.
   "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."      2 Corinthians 4:16
    It seems the older I get the more I hear about people being sick or dying or some horrible accident happening.  It is very easy to say, "you know what, I give up!  What is all of this for anyway?"  I am here asking you to not give up.  Your Father in heaven is with you and though times might be tough He is with you.  Remember we must do this, "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:18  It is hard to not give up and to fix our eyes on the Lord.  Especially when our loved ones are stricken with a disease, dealing with death whether it be a loved one or a friend losing a loved one.  We know that this is life's circle and all part of God's great plan.  The trials we face make us the person we are today.  How you handle your trial is when your light will shine or be dimmed.  Not matter how big or small your trial is remember to, "cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7
    My life, as short as it may seem to many of you has been full of a lifetime of trials already and yet I know there are many more to come my way.  I find the more I lean on Him even in the small things of life that when the storm comes I am better prepared.  I'm not saying that I don't hurt, cry, mourn and wonder why.  I am saying that I understand that God loves me, has a plan for me and though I don't always understand what or why I know it's for His good.  "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19  If you ask,  you shall receive. Your answer may not be what you wanted but it's what God wants for you.  So as we face today, with droughts, hurricanes, incurable diseases, death, life changing decisions, raising children, handling an irate person, or just sitting at home I hope you will find peace knowing God is with you.  He is willing to hold your hand, stand beside or behind you, stand in front of you, or pick you up and carry you....find Him...listen....and lean on Him my friend....find your strength in Him.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5  Life was not promised to be easy but the rewards are far greater than we can imagine...stand strong..in Him.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment