Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Road Trip

My God, my God how majestic is your creation!  After my road trip to west Texas I can honestly say I am in awe of God's creation.  The vast difference from east and west Texas is mind boggling....at least to for me.  It's hard to believe it's the same state.  How can one state have so many geographic differences?  The thick forests of tall pine trees in the east to the beautiful mountains in the west.
   My trip started with me traveling south to my old stompin grounds.  I met up with my mom, aunt and cousin for a road trip to Alpine, TX home of Sul Ross State University.  Traveling through Houston we were below sea level so it's hard to imagine out west are mountains.  While in the mountains we stopped by an observatory in Ft. Davis which was a mile high, that is the same elevation as Denver.  The mountains were beautiful, but mystical as the rain came through.  I can't see how anyone can say God doesn't exist.  God's artwork is everywhere.  From the mountain ranges to the one purple flower blooming on the side of the mountain.
   My trip was great and I was able to spend quality time with my family.  I have seen the "circle of life" play out this weekend.  My mom, aunt and cousin shipped me off to college at S.F.A. (AXE 'EM) and I shipped my cousin of to college. :)  God is great!  While I broadened my horizons by going west God was reminding me of the wonderful memories I have with these three special ladies and healing my hurts.  Just as God created the heavens and the earth He created us.  Each person is unique, not one of us is the same.  God gave us a gift of belonging to a family, biological or otherwise.  I'm so thankful for my family. Families can cause you a lot of hurt, but they will also be the ones who stand beside you.  Take the time today to enjoy the uniqueness of everyone around you...even though it can be annoying.  Isaiah says, "Yet you, Lord are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment