Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trust In God

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
  As I sit here asking God to provide the words that we need to read I realize it's a lot easier to say I trust in God than it actually is.  I mean, I know God is God and He can do all things but when it comes to effecting my life it's hard.  I struggle with letting go of the control I like to pretend I have.  The cold hard truth hit me in the face today as all my teacher friends went back to work.  The truth being my income is about to dwindle way down.  So, trusting in God plays a vital part in my life from this point forward. (always has but really sticks out now) I am learning to lean on the Lord daily and not just when times get tough.  This verse seems to help: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God." Isaiah 41:10  Knowing that I am doing what God wants me to do helps ease my fear, but it will be daily that I, "Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chronicles 16:11
  When it comes to trusting God we can't play the what if game.  You know, what if this happens or what if I would have done that.  Psalm 33:4 says, "For the word of the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does."  God will not lead you in the wrong direction, but often we have to be patient and remember it's all in His timing not ours.  When I started my journey of forgiving and letting go I decided to follow what 2 Corinthians 5:7 says: " We live by faith, not by sight."  Sitting here thinking about my situation I can say I do trust God with all my heart and the struggle really comes from not knowing how He is going to work in my life.  I'm a planner, so I want Him to take the blinders off now, no really NOW!  That's not always the case, but hopefully this will encourage you.  Keep looking to God and always put your trust in him.  "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him." Jeremiah 17:7  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment