Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Forgiveness Day 2

Good Morning.  O how He loves us, isn't this true?  He loves us so much not only is He willing to forgive us but he sent his one and only son to die for us.  I started yesterday by saying that about a year ago I started a journey of forgiveness, but before I can tell you about my journey I want to share a verse that tells us just how much He forgives us.  Psalm 103:12 says, "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us."  I'm stopping to think about that and the world comes to mind and that I can't stretch my arms around the world to demonstrate. Now I imagine stretching my arms out and telling my kids I love you this much and yet isn't that what Jesus said when He died on the cross?  How far is the east from the west...kinda boggles the mind...well at least mine. :) 
   I hope I can show you just how much He forgives us by sharing my journey.  I started my journey of forgiveness in the fall Bible study of last year.  I felt God prompting me to write a book of my life up to that point.  Which I did and I felt so much better as the pain of my life developed into me realizing how much God was in my life and actually seeing certain moments He was right there with me.  It doesn't end with a book that I'm sure many will never read.  No, I felt God telling me to start writing letters to those who have hurt me and to forgive them as He has forgiven me.  It is written, " I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Isaiah 43:25  If God will blot out my transgressions against Him, not once, not twice, but daily...every time I ask him to forgive me, then shouldn't I forgive those who hurt me?  My first letter was hard to write and even as I finished it I wasn't sure I should send it off.  The day I put it in the mail was the day I felt a new peace wash over me.  It's true, forgiveness sets you free, I didn't hear back from that person and I never will, but knowing that he knew I forgave him made me feel so much better.  We are to be Christ like and what better way to show it than to show forgiveness.  "The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him." Daniel 9:9  My journey was just beginning with that letter.  I challenge you to forgive someone today that has hurt you....write them a letter or talk to them.  This choice will set you free... Until next time may God bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment