Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rejection

Ouch, tough one to talk about.  I'm not finished with forgiveness but God laid it on my heart pretty heavily last night to write about rejection today.  Could it be because that's what I worry about, being rejected that is?  I'm sure that has a lot to do with it, but I also know that someone out there is dealing with a pretty heavy dose of rejection.  My fear of rejection stems from my childhood and nothing from today other than recovering from my childhood.  I'm writing in hopes of putting some balm on your wounds as you see God already applied the balm on mine while I was looking up verses to help support me today.  We know that throughout the Bible Jesus was rejected.  You can start in Genesis and find rejection.  The rejection of your family cuts deeper than anything and that's exactly what happened to Joseph, so much so that his brothers sold him into slavery all because he shared his dream.  "When he told his father as well as his brothers, his father rebuked him and said, "What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?"  I'm sure Joseph, thought ouch, but was sure this dream would happen and it did.  You see, Joseph was rejected by his family (mainly brothers) but God took care of him, just as God will take care of you.  Even in Psalm 27:10 it states how God will always receive us. "Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me." 
   There have been many times in my life when I cried out just like the Psalmist, "O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God.  Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior."  Psalm 38:21-22  Ok, so I didn't say do not forsake me but I have said Lord please help me.    Rejection hurts, lets face it everyone has felt rejected at some point in there life.  It may not be a constant in your life or it could be a thing of your past (like mine) but hurt is hurt, big or small.  As you think about your rejection I ask you to focus on Jesus and how we rejected him.  "He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering,  Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not." Isaiah 53:3  Jesus came to suffer as we suffer so that one day we will suffer no more.  John 1:11 says, "He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him."   We may be rejected by friends, owwww, and we may be rejected by family, OUCH, but we will never be rejected by our Father in heaven.  I will leave you with two verses to help you go about your day and deal with the small rejections of life or maybe the biggest rejection you've faced thus far in your life. 
   1 Peter 2:4 "As you come to him, the living Stone-rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him."  
   Psalm 94:14 "For the Lord will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance."
     Do you see, you are precious to God and he will not forsake you or me?  :)  Rejection hurts, life can hurt but know that God is with you and knows your hurts.  I pray that this will be a start to healing your wounds.  I know it helped me.  I apologize for another long post, but I write what's on my heart not a set limit.  Thanks for hanging with me, until next time...May God Bless You and Keep You.

No comments:

Post a Comment