Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Who Am I?

 Good morning, have you ever wondered who am I?  I have found myself wondering exactly who I am.  Let me explain, before you say I should know.  My dad died at the age of 32 from a heart attack and I was only 7.  My mom's dad died a few months later.  I grew up not knowing or forming a relationship with these two men and I was afraid to ask questions about them.  Both men led lives that I know only snippets of.  So I find myself asking who am I.  Where do I get this from?  Why do I like that?  Sadly I still don't feel comfortable asking about my dad or grandad. As the questions start to pour in somewhere a small voice says, "Kim, you know who you are, cheer up."  Yes, I do know who I am-I am a child of God, heir to the throne. "Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Romans 8:17  I do not need to know my dad because I know my Father.  He is with me always.  I find myself seeking approval, yet I don't need it.  My God accepts me for who I am today, not who I was or who I will be. "For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you." 1 Thessalonians 1:4  I pray my friend that you know Him too.  That God is your father and Jesus Christ is your savior.  The Holy Spirit dwells in me so I know where I stand even in the dark times.  I hope that you can find that peace only He can give you if you are struggling with who you are. "For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10 Be comfortable with who you are, because you are created by Him for Him and allow yourself to rest in Him.  It's not always easy and the devil knows your weaknesses that's when you need to remember who you are....a child of God and He is with you.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
 * If you read this and you're not sure if you're a child of God or you know you're not please message me or find someone who can help you with knowing your savior. *
  

No comments:

Post a Comment