Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Forgiveness

Good morning.  Not only have my thoughts been on my future but on forgiveness and forgiving. The new song Forgiveness by Matthew West has a way of making you think of forgiving.  I can say this song speaks to my heart when I hear it.  I started a journey about a year ago, through a women's Bible study, that has led me to start forgiving and more importantly letting go.  During the past year my life has been a roller coaster of ups and downs but it seems the downs far out weigh the ups.  The old phrase, "forgive and forget" is a lot easier said than done, at least for me.  They say forgiving is the easy part, but to be honest if we don't "forget" we aren't truly forgiving.  Okay, hang on I know you don't agree, let me finish.  If you forgive someone you can't simply forget, there is a mark from the person who hurt you and it will take a while to heal.  I simply believe that we should forget by letting it go.  It's not going to just go away so you can forget, but you can let it go, give it to God and let him deal with it.  Every time that hurt resurfaces just give it back to God. That is what I mean by "forgetting".  My forgiveness blog will be more than one day so hang with me if you will.  In order for us to forgive and I mean truly forgive we have to understand forgiveness and that it has been given to us.  Do you know that God forgave the Israelites all the way back in the desert?  "The Lord replied, "I have forgiven them, as you asked." Numbers 14:20  This verse shows us God is willing to forgive you even when you mess up over and over...as the Israelites did those 40 years in the desert.  I am listening to KVNE (89.5) right now and Forgiveness by Matthew West just came on. :)  "Show me how to see what your mercy sees....forgiveness"  I think I will stop here for now.  If you have a chance listen to this song, and I mean truly listen to the words....be still and let the words sink in.  Until next time may God bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment