Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Forgiveness Day 3

O what a blessing to hear the rain and thunder this morning.  Thank you God for giving us the much needed rain.  Before I start with forgiveness I want you to know that I will not post anything this weekend.  I will be out of town, so I will catch up to you on Monday.  May your weekend be full of blessings. :)
  I know it seems I have written on this topic too much, but the Bible is full of verses on forgiveness.  Right now I know many hurt people and to be honest I'm one of those people.  The only way to work through that is to start forgiving.  I left off on day two saying there is more to my journey.  I have written three more letters since that first one and of the three I have only heard back from one.  The response was surprising.  They responded in love and saying that they would do better and that they loved me.  Wow, amazing how just stating how you feel and making sure the people you talk to know you love them can work in your favor (most of the time).  It's hard not knowing what the other two think or feel, but it's awesome knowing I am set free from my past.  My letters weren't written just to accuse and to forgive but to also ask them to forgive me.  Each relationship has two sides, and I know I wasn't perfect and never will be.  Jesus tells us in Mark to forgive others.  "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive your sins." Mark 11:25  We are to be like Christ and even though forgiveness is hard for us it's not hard for God.  As a matter of fact if you ask He will forgive you.  "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord." Acts 3:19 
  Believe me, God can refresh you like nothing or anyone else can.  Writing those letters has given me a new beginning.  The hardest thing is letting go of the hurt but remember Jesus says, "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Matthew 6:14-15  Once you let go of the hurt someone has dealt you, you will feel like a new person or at least have the weight lifted off your shoulders.  Remember in order to be forgiven you have to forgive.  So I ask you, will you set yourself free and forgive those who have hurt you today?  "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32  Until next time may God bless you and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment