Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Comfort Zone

Good Morning, 
   I hope that you all had a blessed weekend.  Today's post is later than normal but I've had a busy morning.  Today is the first day of school and this Mommy had to take her babies to school alone.  So of course I had to be strong and not cry in front of them.  It's funny how my kids will love on me at home but we set foot in the school and my second grader acts like I have the plague. :)  Although I'm sad I am very blessed that my kids go to a school that they feel comfortable without me.  I thought I would talk a little about getting out of our comfort zone on this first day of school.
   As I send my babies off to school I have to remember that God says he will be with us wherever we go.  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9  I can rest easy knowing that God is with my babies and me wherever we go.  He is also with you.  The first day of school is always hard because you have new teachers, and will have new kids in your class.  This is when you have to step out of your comfort zone and know God is with you.  I stepped out of my comfort zone today by taking my kids to school alone and then not calling my son back to me to give me a hug.  I was wanting him to give me a hug but I knew he would be embarrassed so I just waved by, wished him a good day, and quickly exited the room.  It amazes me how these little ones can step out of their home (comfort zone) and into school and adjust so quickly.  Adjusting to change so gracefully is something I could learn from my kids.
   I have stepped out of my comfort zone over the past year.  All baby steps of course, but it's too scary to take big steps or jump sometimes into the unknown.  I started attending Bible study...waaayyyy out of my comfort zone, then I wrote letters to ask and give forgiveness, and started writing a blog....all things that I'm uncomfortable with but things that I feel God has laid on my heart to do.  I must go on, in His will and not mine but I try to remember this: "David also said to Solomon his son, "Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God is with you He will not fail you nor forsake you until all the work for the service of the temple of the Lord is finished." 1 Chronicles 28:20  Just knowing that every little thing I do for God he is with me puts my mind to ease....even when it's really hard to calm my nerves.  Each step I have taken out of my comfort zone God has blessed me more than I could imagine. I don't say these things to toot my own horn but to show you that if I can do it so can you.  My prayer for you today is that you will take a step, however small, out of your comfort zone.  God doesn't want us to sit back and fear the what ifs in life.  He wants us to, "Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it." Ezra 10:4  So get out there...leave your mark on the world....even the smallest pebble has a ripple effect.  Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment