Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Light Bulb Moment

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Have you ever been watching a movie, reading a book or talking to someone and ding the light bulb of understanding comes on? This happened to me this past Sunday. I was watching a movie called Encounter: Paradise Lost. This movie is a christian movie and it takes place on an island in Thailand where a drug dealer, his wife and body guard are going to a resort to meet the drug lord. The owners of the resort are still there and the agent who has been tracking the drug dealer shows up too. They are all stranded by a typhoon when Jesus shows up. No one believes it's him until he starts sharing personal information about each one and heals the drug dealers wife. It's a good movie, but this isn't what made the light bulb go off. There is a part in the movie when Jesus is talking to the resort owner about his son's death. The owner, Chris, kept blaming God for killing his son in a Tsunami several years before. Jesus explained that he did not kill his son. That God created all good things and when Adam and Eve sinned in the garden good was no longer on the earth. At that moment a light bulb came on...the room seemed brighter with my understanding and I began to cry.
 I realized two things. One, that God did not take my daddy from me when I was a little girl. Two, that I needed to ask God to forgive me for blaming him for taking my daddy and being mad at him. Amazing how God can show you what's in your heart by watching a movie. I did ask forgiveness for being mad at God and for blaming him for not only taking my daddy, but my granny and my miscarriage. A whole in my heart seemed to disappear when I did that. There is nothing more heart breaking than losing a loved one but knowing they are in heaven with a God who loves them and me is an anointment to the wound. Healing occurred Sunday night and all because I watched a movie. I can now say that I understand the verse in Romans that talks about God works good for all those who love him. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 I may not understand why, but I do understand that God only does good things for me. It may hurt, and the emotions that come with it are normal but finding a peace that only God can give is important. Turn to him and the strength to move on will be given. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
Bible verse taken from NIV Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment