Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Admiration

"Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." Proverbs 17:6
  
   I don't think there is a parent around who wouldn't agree that their child is a blessing from God. The moment you know you are pregnant there is a bond between you and baby that no one can take away. The day they are born and you hold them your heart is so full of love that you think it's going to explode. A blessing indeed, but what about as they grow? You still see them as a blessing but they start seeing you and I mean the real you. They see the person you are in public and at home. Are you a parent they can be proud of? My heart has been full of love for my kids since I found out I was pregnant with them but this past Friday night made my heart grow fonder of my husband and kids.
  My son who is seven and in less than a month will be eight does not really care to go to our hometown football games. This past Friday was the first chance we had to go see my husband at his school's football game. I told my son we were going to the game and he started to ask if he had to go, but before he could finish I told him we were going to watch his daddy's band. His eyes lit up and he never finished asking if he could stay home with his Papaw. The minute my husband met us until the minute we had to leave my son was attached to his daddy. He followed him around everywhere. The look of pride and admiration in our sons eyes put me in awe. I realized at that moment how proud our son was to call my husband his daddy and how much he enjoyed spending time with him. Our son was able to watch the football game with the band, he watched the band from the field and helped his daddy take care of somethings for the band. He grew taller Friday night, taller with pride. His eyes sparkled with joy and not once did he ask if we could go home. He truly enjoyed being at the game and experiencing it all with his daddy.
  I have not given much thought to the verse above in Proverbs, which states that parents are the pride of their children. "Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." Proverbs 17:6 I can see how children are a pride to their parents but I didn't understand this verse until Friday night. I witnessed my son's pride of his daddy. We as parents, need to remember that our children are most definitely a blessing from God, but our children watch us closely and take pride in who we are to them. Take the time to be the Godly parent you are called to be. We all come from different back grounds and life experiences but it's clear how we should treat our children. Be a parent that your children are proud of but more importantly one that God smiles upon. As you go about your day, take a moment to let your kids know how much you love them and that they are a blessing to you. Spend some quality time with them and watch their eyes light up. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible verse taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment