Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

God's provisions

I have told you that I resigned from my job as a junior high teacher and started babysitting for my cousin. I love being able to stay home, the house stays clean, well cleaner than it did when I was working. The kids love me dropping them off and picking them up from school. I normally have supper ready at a decent hour. I also like that when one of them is sick I can just go pick them up and not worry about getting docked pay. Being at home is what God has asked me to do, but we have already hit a few bumps in the road. I'm not making as much money obviously with babysitting than I was teaching but God has managed to show me he truly has all my financial concerns covered. It started in August when a friend of mine asked if I would host a scentsy party for her. I agreed and she had an awesome party which means my commission was good. Then about a week later a lady that attended the party asked if I would host a party for her. I agreed and gave thanks to God for helping me in my scentsy business. Now, I have another lady who is interested in me hosting a party. This is wonderful news for me and my family and I pray this continues to happen. God is truly blessing me, but it doesn't stop with my scentsy business. My husband and I are learning to live day by day, week by week and sometimes my stomach hurts from the realization that we could be late on a payment. Then God steps in and someone gives us extra money, and just last week a letter from a previous bank shows we still have money in that account. Just today we found out a bill doesn't have to be paid this month. Wow, he is truly amazing. God has met us right where we are. We do not have "extra" money but we are living week by week on exactly what he provides for us. I know this seems extreme but I know in my heart God wants me at home and by these provisions I feel he is showing me that I am doing what he wants me to do. "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?" Matthew 6:25 By no means have we had to worry about food, or clothes but paying bills yes. God has shown me that there is no since in worrying and honestly I believe him. He has provided for us and right when we need it. I am in shock but I am completely at peace with my life and where God is leading me. I pray that you can find that peace today. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible Verse taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment