Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Point Taken

     Have you ever read something in a book then had someone else tell you the same thing? That’s happened to me several times, but today a light bulb went off when it happened. Some people would call this a coincidence but I say that’s God talking to me. Let me explain…..
      I am reading a book written by Jennie Allen called Restless Because You Were Made For More. This book is digging in my life to the point of making me uncomfortable, but she asks very thought provoking questions. This morning, before I left for church I read a chapter and the one question that stuck out was, “What has God given you to bring him glory here?” In other words what are you good at? What gifts do you have that God has blessed you with? God has been talking to me and was talking very loudly this morning. I was upset with God this morning for asking me to do something I wasn’t ready to do. (Yes, I have asked for forgiveness and yes, I did what He wanted me to do….with almost a smile on my face) I say this, to say I really didn’t think much on that question. My mind was busy with other things this morning. Then low and behold, my Pastor asked almost the same question in his sermon. His question was worded like this, “What tools do you have to reach others?” Whoa, put the brakes on!! When I hear/read the same thing coming in the form of drawing me closer to God it makes my wheels spin.
       The first thing that I think is; is God trying to tell me something? In this instance I can say, I know God is calling me to do something. That something is to speak and write. I’m scared of this but have accepted it and am waiting to see when and where. By accepting this, I have started on a journey that only God could’ve orchestrated. I’m not always eager to be on this journey and here lately I just want to throw my hands up, put my walls up, with draw and say I’m done! When I start feeling like this, I remember that getting out of my comfort zone isn’t going to be easy. I will be attacked with all sorts of things to keep me from doing God’s will. I also remind myself that I put my TRUST in Christ and I know it will all be okay. I may not feel like it is okay at the moment or that I am truly doing what He asks, but I know He is guiding my steps. The best thing for me to do is keep walking, to keep stepping out of my comfort zone no matter how nauseous it makes me, and to not withdraw. God will show me who to trust, and what to do. Actually, He has told me some things already. Right now, as I write this I’m so insecure in what He is calling me to do, but rest assure I’m still walking and talking with Him.
        How different would this world be if we all used our God given gifts for His kingdom? What if we all said, God whatever you ask me to do I’ll do it? So what if we are insecure and scared. God will show you what He wants you to do and He will equip you too. We all have something to give. Forgive me for repeating myself but I ask, what gifts do you have that can be used to reach others for God’s glory? Are you using them? Will you allow God to use you for His kingdom? Just my thoughts and a little glimpse into my life… Until next time, “May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment