Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Share and Heal

   Are you wandering through this journey on earth alone? Are you intentionally walking with your head down, so no one will notice you? Do you put your walls up to keep your heart safe? Let me encourage you to stop doing these things. Let me ask, who are you hurting by being this way? What do you have to lose or better yet what do those around you stand to lose because you are “protecting” yourself? I’m willing to bet you are fun to be around.
    All of my posts are about my thoughts and things that have happened in my life or are happening in my life. This one is no different, but before I go any further I must tell you God is moving and pushing, and yes at times pulling me out of my comfort zone. This blog was just the beginning…and now it’s time for me to do what I just encouraged you to stop doing. Although I am happily married to my wonderful husband of ten years, at times I would feel like I’m wandering this earth alone. (I no longer feel this way, but it has taken years for this to happen.) I have always, until just recently, walked with my head down. Why? So no one would notice me, I don’t want the attention of others and certainly didn’t want to be judged by others. I do my best to walk with my head up. I still find myself walking with my head down, but I can’t help but want to keep my head up, smile and look others in the eye. Why, because I am secure in who I am. I am a child of the ONE TRUE KING and if I smile at someone it just might give them a hope that wasn’t there before I smiled. Now, I don’t mean that to sound conceded. I can’t fix others problems but I sure can share who can fix their problems and I can ease those struggles just for a second with a smile. I am the person who puts walls up and not just one wall but layer upon layer of walls up.  It takes time for someone to knock down all the layers I put up. I can say here lately there hasn’t been as many layers to knock down and that is because I feel the only way to do what I’m called to do …love others…is to be me, not just a piece of me but all of me. I’m the new person in several circles right now. It’s not easy being the new person and I don’t like putting myself out there. The one thing I try very hard at is to just be myself, at all times. (WARNING: I’m not saying to trust everyone, please don’t! I’m saying be who you are and let God guide you to the ones you can trust. He will show you the right people; I know this because He is showing me.)
      Now, for the part I set out to write: 
        Over the past couple of weeks I have had the privilege of eating lunch with several ladies. It has been fun and I’ve learned a lot. Let me say, God has stretched me in this and pushed me out of my comfort zone. Through these “meetings” I have come to the conclusion that people my age and older grew up not telling or sharing their stories. We just didn’t talk about things, especially our parents and grandparents. We were taught to show others everything was “fine”. If something happened in your family you didn’t air the dirty laundry. I’m not saying that we should air our dirty laundry to everyone but I do believe we are called to share our stories and our struggles with those we are comfortable with. In my case, I am sharing even if I don’t feel comfortable because that is what God is calling me to do.  We don’t need to push down or hide our struggles. This can cause our pain to fester and boil over and the pain trickles down to our loved ones. How much hurt and pain could have been healed if only we would’ve shared? How much damage has this done to our walk or to our reputations as a Christian body? If we as Christians walk around saying we are fine all the time, what are we telling those who are lost in this world? Again, I’m not saying you should walk around telling everyone your story but you should share your story. You may be surprised and find that you feel better when you do share. Sharing your story is scary because you become vulnerable. If you can push past the fear of what the other person will think of you and share your story and your struggles not only will you feel a sense of freedom but you could possibly give the other person a glimpse of hope and acceptance.
Have you noticed most women need other women in their lives? I don’t mean just acquaintances. I mean we all need women we share our lives with from the small, silly details to the big I can’t believe this is happening to me details (good and bad). We need women who will go shopping, listen, drink coffee, listen, encourage, listen, pick us up, listen, push us, listen and cheer us on. This list can go on forever but I think you get the point. Did you notice I kept putting listen?  There is a reason we need each other. When we share our stories we allow others to know us on a more intimate level, but we also allow those with similar stories to feel like they are not alone. We need to share our past, present and our dreams. So today, I encourage you to stop pushing your struggles and your story aside. Share your wounds and watch God heal them. Listen to God’s guidance and share with those He is leading you to share with. Let those chains fall and become free from your past and present struggles…God will heal, God will save, Trust in Him and keep walking. (With your head up!) Until next time, “May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment