Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Not What You Think

Have you ever sat down and wrote out your dreams? Have you ever prayed over them? Have you taken the first steps to see them come true? Then, BAM; what you were heading towards turns out to not be where God wants you to be.

I’ve been there before and I’m there now.  We moved forward with what we thought God wanted us to do, but God redirected us. I thought it was one thing, but it’s not what I was thinking.  It’s upsetting but I trust in Him. There are times when we have to take a step back and reassess. Stand still and listen to God’s voice, His direction, and His guidance. When things seem to fall apart around you, just keep going. Praise God for what He has blessed you with and the blessings He is getting ready to pour out on you.

I sense change is coming in my life. The ironic thing is major change has been the constant in my life for two years now. I find myself needing to take the time to deal with the let down or change of direction of my plans so I can move forward with God’s plans. I’m not good with change but I rest in this promise from God: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

While you wait for God to reveal His plan for you, keep praising Him, and studying His word. Stand still, sit quietly and wait…..He will reveal to you what you need to know in His timing. Until next time, “May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB)


No comments:

Post a Comment