Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Hearts




“I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help.” (Psalm 40:10 NIV)

I like drawing hearts. I think most girls do. I remember the first time I saw a picture of an actual human heart. I thought that can’t be my heart, it’s UGLY! You don’t see people drawing actual human hearts because of how cute they are. I mean really, can you picture an I (insert real heart pic) love you on a note? I think I’ll continue to use the “fake” heart, besides I’m not much of an artist.

I was sitting here thinking about Valentine ’s Day and what it means to many people. A lot of people feel very loved today, and a lot of people feel unloved. I started thinking about the significance of drawing a “fake” heart and a real heart. Bear with me as I share, this may not come out like I thought.  We draw the “fake” hearts to show our love, but in real life it’s often the “fake” heart we show others. We don’t want people to see who we really are. So, we walk around with fake smiles and fake answers all to go along with our “fake” hearts. I’m not pointing fingers, because I am that person. I don’t want you to see my real heart. Why? There are two reasons, you may find out how I really am and hurt me. The other reason, you may see my real heart and say that’s UGLY and not like me. Either way, I’m hurt but you are not. It’s a form of protection.
   
Today, we show love to our loved ones and give each other cute little hearts. There are hearts with chocolate (which I’m good with) and hearts with loving words. We don’t mind those hearts, but are we (am I) willing to share my real heart with others? Am I willing to set aside the “fake” heart and expose the real heart? The heart that reveals the hurt I’ve endured. The heart that believes loyalty and compassion are far more important than being fake. Or, maybe the heart that says, I care way too much for others. These qualities aren’t bad, but what about letting go completely of the fakeness and allowing others to know you so well that they know about your bad habits. How about those annoying things I do because of my insecurities? Can you; will you accept me and all my realness? Better yet, can I accept that you may not like the real heart?

I’m willing to bet, if we stopped showing others our “fake” beautiful hearts we would see that others do like us. Yes, even the “UGLY” heart inside. You see, it’s not the “I’ve got it all together” that people want. It’s the “I don’t have it all together and I struggle with this” that people want; actually I would say people need. When God created humans, he made us to need each other. The only way we can truly help each other is by sharing our real hearts. Remember, God lives inside of you, so you don’t have to wear the fake heart. I will give you this warning: Be careful, you might find your “UGLY” heart is a lot prettier than you ever gave it credit for. “Fake” hearts are great for showing our love on special occasions, but don’t let the fear of being real be the reason you show others your “fake” heart.

Share your real heart with others. Pray for God to use you and your story. Pray for God to show you who to share your real heart with. On this Valentine’s Day don’t just give fake hearts to those you care about, be sure to show your real heart too.


HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!

“We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
Until next time, “May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB)

No comments:

Post a Comment