Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Four years ago today

"There is an occasion for everything, and a time for every activity under heaven: a time to give birth and a time to die;" (Ecclesiates 3:1-2)

Four Years Ago Today
 
My legs were heavy,
My heart was broken,
The dark that surrounded me,
The words unspoken.

I couldn’t move,
I couldn’t speak,
The tears came quickly,
The news left me weak.

My world was dark,
My life had shattered,
The whole in my heart beyond repair,
The hurt I felt was what mattered.

I think of you often,
I see a butterfly and smile,
The dark is gone,
My heart not yet whole,
The joy of knowing I will see you in a while.

My Granny, was truly a rose on this earth. So sweet, but could give you a look and you knew you messed up. I love her beyond what my words can express. The day she passed a dark cloud settled over me that I thought would never dissipate. Thanks to a wonderful family and friends who hung in there with me I can say the dark is gone. The pain comes and goes, but my love for her never will. Be sure to tell your loved ones what they mean to you. Be sure to share Jesus with them and take comfort in knowing that if they know Jesus as their savior you will see them again. To us it may seem like forever but our life is like a vapor compared to eternity. "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (James 4:14) Don't take for granted what could be gone in a second. Life is a gift so live it that way!! Until next time,“May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB) 

"a time to weep and a time to laugh,a time to mourn and a time to dance,"(Ecclesiastes 3:4-5)

*Bible verses taken from NIV unless noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment