Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weakness

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 9-10

  I don't know about you but I don't want anyone to know my weaknesses. I don't want to seem vulnerable or incapable of doing something. I like to think my fears and weaknesses are best kept to myself. I am less vulnerable and less likely to get hurt, physically or emotionally, if no one knows what my fears and weaknesses are. Funny thing is, that is exactly what the devil wants you to believe. You see, we are weak on our own and the devil knows this. He wants us to feel like we are alone and for us to think we shouldn't share our struggles, weaknesses, and hurts. Once we realize that we can't conquer our fears and prove our strength without our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, the devil has lost at his attempt to keep you from walking with the Lord. " I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13 As Christians we need to call on God in all things, but especially when we are facing our fears or a trial. I like to think that I am strong but I am only strong because I lean on the everlasting arms. I am strong because I cry out to God in my weakness. Don't get me wrong, I don't always cry out first, sometimes I waller in my pity and shame and then cry out.
  When I am struggling I don't want others to know, not even my friends, because they might view me differently. I don't want to lose the faith they have in me or their trust, or love. The truth is, if they are truly your friend they will continue to stand beside you and lift you up in prayer. If they decide to talk about your situation in a demeaning or gossiping way then that is between them and God. We are to put our relationship with Jesus first then everything else will fall into place. I will share a struggle of mine that I am facing right now. I am struggling with the fact that I miscarried almost a year ago and that I will forever have this void in my life. I pray daily that God will allow me to have peace and show me his will in my life. For the most part I have been fine especially when I call on the Lord but there are days that are bad. This is when I try to seek God's strength. I was in a dark place last year for Thanksgiving and I thank God that I'm not there anymore. I am thankful for the trial because I have grown closer to God through it all. We are called to be transparent so the people around us can see Jesus in us. I try daily to be transparent but I still struggle with letting people see my hurt, my fear, and my weaknesses. So today, I share a trial that I've gone through and a hurt that I face in hopes that God's glory will be revealed. I love my God more today than I did a year ago, and no words can express my gratitude. Today seek solace in your savior's hands, lean on him and know that we all are weak but are made strong through him. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible verses taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment