Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The day after

 I went to bed last night with Romney ahead in the presidential election but the prediction was that Obama would pull ahead and win. I reluctantly went to bed, but not once was I stressed about who would win. Why? I have learned that giving my cares and concerns over to God allows me to stress less and feel at peace. I laid down knowing that God was in control and he reigns. When I woke up I knew that no matter what the future of my country was in God's hands. I turned on the TV only to hear that Obama did win another four years in the Whitehouse. I will admit I was a little discouraged but again I know it's all in God's hands. God knew before I casted my vote yesterday who was going to win and in some strange way this brings me peace.
 Sadly, today has been a day when everyone feels the need to bash others for their views. Personally this saddens me and to some extent makes me sick. We are not to judge others and we certainly aren't showing our Christian beliefs by bashing those who do not vote the way we want them to. Jesus was not a republican or democrat nor would he be found the day after the election bashing the other side. He would want peace and friends, the only way to achieve that is to put aside our differences and pray to the one true God. In fact, instructions are left for us and they are as follows: "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”1 Timothy 2:1-2   Don't look  at the other side and point fingers or lay blame on others. Instead fall to your knees and pray. Can you imagine the disappoinment the disciples felt the day after Jesus was crucified? They thought Jesus was the messiah here to establish his kingdom here on earth. They didn't grasp his purpose on earth until he was gone. If you voted for Romney you are feeling a bit disappointed today because you were hoping for a better tomorrow. A brighter future with a new president and the promise of a new beginning but instead we have the same president for four more years. We must lay this aside and look to heaven. Jesus died and rose again and one day will come back for us. This world is not our home and all things here will pass. Keep your eyes on heaven and remember what we are really created for. We are to glorify God. "Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us." 1 Peter 2:12 Today of all days, the day after the election we should all be living a life that glorifies God. A life that shows no matter who the president of this great country is our God is still God and ruler of all. As we end the first term of Obama's presidency and start the second remember we are given these instructions: "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8 Please remember to pray for a revival for this great nation. Today I'm striving to act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with my God. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.
*Bible verses taken from NIV Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment