Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Who is in front of you?

“Then he said to Thomas, ‘Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” John 20:27
Have you ever felt like you were a day late and a dollar short? How about being blessed with something only to find out it won’t be yours long? That’s how I feel right now. I talked last week of a regret I have. This regret is new and I haven’t been able to let it go. I’m hoping by writing I’ll be able to completely let go and give it to God. So, please bear with me as I write.
Has God ever put someone in your path repeatedly? Did he nudge you to reach out to them? That’s what happened to me. If you will, let me tell you my situation. I have recently become close to a person who God had put in my path several times, but not until now did I listen to His voice. What’s the big deal you ask? Had I listened two years ago or even this past year (when God’s voice was really loud) I would've realized that a friend was right in front me and not just an acquaintance. I would've enjoyed a friendship with someone who lives close by but instead I will have a friendship with someone who’s several hours away. So, what’s the big deal-stop whining. :)
My point is don’t be like Thomas in the bold verse above and doubt what you see or what God wants you to do. I was afraid to reach out to someone, to get to know them because I was afraid of rejection. I was afraid of what this person thought of me. We are not called to be timid or afraid of others. “For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7 Being filled with the Holy Spirit we should be courageous and bold in all that we do, especially if it’s God’s will. God has a way of putting people in your path for you to reach out to even if you don’t realize it or are flat out ignoring Him. I can honestly say my experience was both. At first I didn't think anything of our paths crossing but then I clearly heard His voice and ignored it. I was stuck in fear and playing out situations that were false. That’s the devils way of getting you to not do God’s will.
So, I make this plea……don’t wait until it’s too late to receive the blessing God is trying to give you now. When you hear his voice, listen and obey. Be brave like Peter and step out on the water with Jesus. “Peter said to Him, ‘Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.’  And He said, ‘Come!’ And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus.” Matthew 14:28-29 We know Peter became frightened and started to sink, but the point is Peter got out of the boat! When Peter was brave he experienced a miracle…he walked on water! God is waiting for you to open his gift, to experience a miracle. He wants to bless you. Will you listen to His voice and truly see who is in front of you? Take time to see if there is a reason why your paths keep crossing. Be courageous and do what He tells you, even when you are full of fear and doubt. Like Peter, God will reach out his hand and give you the grace you need-just call on His name. “But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, ‘Lord, save me!’ Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and said to him, ‘You of little faith, why did you doubt?” Matthew 14:30-31 Don’t be so caught up in your own world you pass up all the blessings God has for you. Until next time may God Bless you and Keep you.

*Bible verses taken from NIV and NASB
Enjoy this song by Matthew West: My Own Little World
  

No comments:

Post a Comment