Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weird

Have you ever been accused of being weird? How about explaining an event that just occurred as being weird? I would answer YES to both.
Yes, because I have been called weird. ( I know shocking! :) ) Yes, because there have been times; especially lately, when weird is the only word I can use to describe the events that have taken place in my life. Before I go any further let me give you the definition of weird. According to dictionary.com weird means involving or suggesting the supernatural and unearthly.
I’m glad to know that I haven’t been using this word wrong at least not lately. I've been using the word to describe my prayers being answered. I’ll give you an example. I prayed on Friday night in November if God wanted me to start speaking that He would open a door, even a small door. The following Sunday a lady from my Sunday school class asked me to speak in a couple of weeks at a ladies gathering. Then, on Monday a friend emailed me asking me to speak at a Christmas party she was having. Following the events I would tell my friends, “This is weird but guess what happened.” I’m not sure what you think, but I would definitely say that particular event was supernatural. Have you had a “weird” situation happen to you?
As far as being called weird, well, I would take that as a compliment. If being weird means you are behaving in a supernatural or unearthly way, then you could say you are allowing Jesus to live in you. John 15:18-19 says, “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” (NIV) I’m not saying people hate you but when someone calls you weird it can sure feel that way. My take is this, since as a child of God we do not belong to the world then we are “unearthly”. So we are weird! Why not take the risk and be WEIRD all the time? If someone says you’re weird, proudly say THANK YOU. I have started being ok with people calling me weird, but now I’m going to consider it an honor to be labeled as weird.  I wanted to give you something to think on…just a few of my thoughts about being weird. Until next time, BE WEIRD and “May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB)

1 comment:

  1. I like it! My how you are blossoming. Isn't it amazing to see God's plan for us unfold? May He continue to guide you as you take each step with Him. I love you.

    ReplyDelete