Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

A Challenge to you...

We all know “It’s the most wonderful time of the year”, but do we really show it? Why do we cram all or most of our good spirit into a small time frame? It’s like we are saying we can treat people how we want and be unthankful for the rest of the year.
I don’t know about you but I have so much to be thankful for that I can’t say it all in 30 days. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad we have Thanksgiving but the Bible tells us to give thanks in everything. “Give thanks in everything, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1Thessalonians 5:18) No sooner than the end of Thanksgiving Day we are focused on who will be getting gifts and what we should buy them. I’m glad I live in a country where I can celebrate my Savior’s birth and give to my loved ones freely.
I’m not going to sit here and write how as Christians we should be thankful and give throughout the year. Nope, we should know that. What I am going to do is issue a challenge. We like new beginnings, a fresh start so to speak and a new year. What if we were to treat each day like that? “Because of the LORD’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!” (Lamentations 3:22-23) My challenge to you is to start each day anew. Start your day seeking God, talk to Him throughout your day, look for ways to give and at the end of the day count your blessings. My friends seek the “babe in the manger”, follow “the star of wonder, the star of light”, and kneel at the cross of Calvary daily. You will see just how different yet wonderful your life will be. Don’t cram being thankful and giving into a month’s time frame. Cram thankfulness and giving into each day. Until next time, “May Yahweh bless you and protect you.” (Numbers 6:24, HCSB)

1 comment:

  1. How good to be reminded to be thankful always, every day. Our God has given us blessings without number -- from small "insignificant" things (like help finding my keys) to enormous ones, the grandest of which is our assurance of a life with Him forever. It is so amazing that He created us, knowing that we would turn against Him. He keeps on loving us, no matter what. Kim, thank you for sharing your heart with us. BTW, when are you headed to Evergreen? Our trip to Mike's was cancelled 'cause they have respiratory illness and didn't want to share it with us. God's blessings on your household in 2014.

    ReplyDelete