Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2023

2022 wasn't so bad


     I meandered into 2022 with a little bit of excitement and a whole lot of uncertainty. The past three years had been hard for me and my family. Every time we would start getting back on our feet we would get knocked down again, and I was weary. I spent the last week of 2021 seeking God, reflecting on the year, and searching for a word to focus on for 2022.

    The word God kept showing me was restore. He was going to restore me, but I wasn’t sure how this was going to play out because I needed a lot of work. My weight increased throughout 2021 despite my efforts to lose weight, and my physical and mental health decreased. My spiritual health was improving but nowhere near where it needed to be.

    The first few months of 2022 were slow, but as I focused on what I needed to do to reach my goals I noticed my mind starting to shift. By the end of the school year, I knew God was restoring me and I felt a sense of joy deep in my soul. As I closed out 2022, I could tell that God definitely did what he told me and I was being restored, but I still have some work to do. 


God restored these things: My JOY- in the little things of life.

                        - in the mornings.

                        - in my writing.

                        - in reading.

                        - in attending church.

                        - in time spent with family and friends.


                    My FAITH- in God.

                                                             -in myself.


                    My MENTAL HEALTH - positive thoughts and counting my blessings comes more naturally.

         

                    My HOME - we were able to make our house feel like a home.


    Like every year, 2022 had its ups and downs, but overall it was a good year. I will gladly take it over 2019, 2020, and 2021. God was faithful as he always is. God did some major restoration on my heart and I’m excited about what He has planned for me in 2023. 


“Now the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will personally restore, establish, strengthen, and support you after you have suffered a little.” 1 Peter 5:10


No comments:

Post a Comment