Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Momma

MOMMA
(a letter to you)



Momma,
    As a baby I needed you all the time but as I grew so did my independence. Life threw a curve ball that no one was expecting and thus tossing us into event after event that would leave us not understanding the purpose. My independence seemed to grow stronger as I grew older and so did my own childish view of you. 
   

    I haven't always been kind to you and I hope you'll forgive me. I use to hold so much anger and hurt towards you. As I get older and the world is no longer about me, I see how unfair your life has been. I realized all too quickly how unfair my life was as a child, but now I see the truth you kept from me. Life wasn't fair to you either. 


     I am in awe of your strength, and will power to keep goin' even though life keeps giving you storms to walk through. I'm not sure how you are able to stand, much less take on life the way you have. 

 










 Now that I've been a mom for ten years I can see how much you really love me. How you hurt when I hurt, how your heart broke when my heart broke and yet you never showed it. Instead you showed me you have to hold your head up, keep walkin' and never give up. While I may not completely understand the whys, and we won't always see eye to eye, I'm proud that God gave me you as my mom. My admiration and love grows daily for you.
Love always,
  Kimberlea Sue Whitmire Hardy


HAPPY
MOTHER'S 

                                  DAY!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment