Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

2016: Looking Back




2016 was much better than 2015, it was a year full of changes, experiences and blessings from God. I’m not sure I want to admit this but I honestly couldn’t remember what my word or phrase was for 2016 and I was afraid that I had not lived up to what God had put on my heart. Once I went make and discovered what my phrase was, I knew that I hadn’t forgotten but I had simply made it my lifestyle, one that will carry into 2017 and go with me until God calls me home. My phrase was, “Be different, make a difference”. God allowed me to make a difference and be a blessing to others. The biggest impact for the first half of my year was my mission trip to Honduras. I was expecting to make a difference on this trip and I did, but I was not expecting the difference it would make in my life. This trip alone changed my life, it changed my heart and my personality. I allowed God to work on and through me on this trip and I came back even more prepared to be different so that I could make a difference. The difference started in my home with my family and friends. So what was the difference, I was no longer afraid to be ME, the me that God created me to be. I felt the chains fall and the acceptance given, which started on the trip and carried over to the people around me. This different me carried over to the workplace and now I’m a different teacher/coach than I used to be and it’s allowing me to make a difference. The second half of my year ended with a BANG! I went back to coaching, which I love, God answered my long forgotten prayer of wanting a best friend, and I finished my year on a mission trip. God allowed me to make a difference in my best friend’s life and together we finished our year making a difference. There is nothing much better than making a difference with your best friend on a mission trip. I could list all the ways I made a difference this year, but instead I want to publicly thank God for changing me so I could be different and make a difference. Thank you God for trusting me with what you have given me. I know 2017 will have more opportunities to be different and make a difference. I pray that God will bless each and everyone of you throughout this new year. May you rely on Him for your every need and trust him with every detail of your life. He’s with you, always...even in the darkest times, he’s there. Until next time remember : “The works of His hands are truth and justice; all His instructions are trustworthy.” (Psalm 111:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment